I’m actually sort of proud of how well this one went. I know the picture doesn’t look great, but whoever said “you first eat with your eyes” was a complete jackass.
- Arborio rice
- 1 can of tomatoes (use fresh ones if you aren’t lazy/have them)
- Cook sausages
- Cook the rice using the instructions on the packet – do this separately. I did it in the microwave for 15 minutes which works. It looks like it’s all clumped up together, but when you’ve finished it won’t be.
- While cooking sausages and rice, chop onions and mushrooms
- Add to sausages onions and mushrooms* (see the footnote BEFORE doing this)
- Once onions have started to cook, add tomatoes
- Once the tomato has heated through, add the rice
- Add salt, pepper and paprika to taste (seriously, use paprika. That stuff adds heaps to the flavour
* If you’re after presentation, remove the sausages and put them somewhere where they’ll keep warm. Alternatively, do this in another pan if you’re not too worried about cleaning up.