Last time I tried a bacon and egg pie, it didn’t work so well, so I thought I’d give it another try. This time, it worked rather well. This time, I put a circle of puff pastry on the top, partially so that if it all burned again I could just take that off, and partially because I thought it would add to it.
- Filo Pastry
- Puff Pastry
- Spray pie dish with cooking spray (or oil, whatever you’ve got)
- Cook the bacon (last time, I did it in the microwave, this time I fried it. Either way works)
- Whip eggs together with some milk and cheese
- Cut cooked bacon into pieces, add to egg mixture
- Lay filo pastry in pie dish (I used eight half sheets)
- Put egg and bacon mixture into filo pastry
- Place a circle of puff pastry on top
- Cook in oven at 150 degrees (yes, I halved the cooking temperature this time)
This picture is quite bright – it isn’t as light as that. Because I cooked it in a much lower temperature, it cooked for about two hours this time.
Also, something I thought of adding into this afterward – mushroom. That would probably add to this.