Tonight, I had some mince and I saw a tin of Tomato pasta sauce, so I decided I’d give a quick take on Spaghetti Bolognese a try. This really isn’t Spaghetti Bolognese, but it’s sort of close.
- Tomato pasta sauce (I used tomato, onion and garlic, but it doesn’t really matter)
- Cook the mince until browned. Don’t worry if the juices come out of the meat – this isn’t a bad thing. For me, this took about 20 minutes.
- Add onions and mushrooms.
- After about ten minutes, add garlic, oregano and basil
- When the onions and mushrooms are about cooked and the oregano and basil’s flavours have developed (took about five more minutes for me), add the pasta sauce
- Cook until pasta sauce has come to the boil
- Serve with spaghetti or any other pasta you fancy and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.